Your First Visit
At your first visit to our office, a thorough clinical examination will be performed by Dr. Chung to determine if you or your child would benefit from orthodontic treatment. If treatment is indicated, your tentative treatment plan and costs for your particular case will be discussed. Diagnostic records can usually be taken the same day. A complete set of records includes digital photos, study models and x-rays of the teeth and jaws. This information is used to confirm our original diagnosis and to help develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care.
Treatment Plan Visit
After Dr. Chung has evaluated your records, he will meet with you to discuss his findings and your treatment options in detail. Any other questions concerning insurance and financial arrangements can be addressed at this visit. If necessary, spacers can be placed to prepare your teeth for the placement of your new orthodontic appliance (braces, expanders, etc.)
Active Treatment Appointments
The appointment when your appliances are placed will take about one to two hours. You will then see us at regular intervals of 4 to 8 weeks for an adjustment appointment, which takes about 15 to 45 minutes. Any long procedure or repair appointment will be scheduled during morning or early afternoon hours when the office is quieter to allow the doctor plenty of time to attend to your needs. This also allows all of our shorter adjustment appointments to be made after school or work. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, we would appreciate 24 hours advance notice.
Costs and Payment Options
Because a custom treatment plan is developed for every patient, the cost of treatment cannot be determined without a free evaluation. Questions and concerns about fees and payment options can be discussed before treatment begins.
Orthodontic treatment can have a positive effect on both oral health and self-esteem. Financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining this important health service. Being sensitive to the fact that different people have different needs in fulfilling their financial obligations, we are happy to provide the following payment options:
- We offer a no-interest payment plan, consisting of an initial down payment with the remaining balance divided into equal monthly payments.
- No initial payment financing can also be arranged through third party lenders.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by VISA, MASTERCARD, and DISCOVER. We can also auto-bill your credit card monthly at your request.
If you have insurance, we will gladly help you to determine the coverage you have under your plan. Please bring all of your insurance information with you to your first appointment. Please be aware of the following details about orthodontic insurance:
- Having dental insurance does not guarantee orthodontic coverage. Orthodontic insurance is a separate rider to your dental insurance and not all plans include this coverage.
- Most orthodontic insurance benefits are paid as a certain percentage of the total fee until a maximum (lifetime) benefit is reached. The remaining balance becomes the cost of treatment that you will pay.
- Because your insurance plan's orthodontic benefit is not paid in one lump sum, the payments may stop if you leave your job. Your new plan may or may not continue the payments. Any outstanding insurance claims will be your responsibility.