A retainer is a custom-made oral appliance often used to maintain the alignment of your teeth after orthodontic treatment. Dr. Michael Chung will give you retainers to wear daily to keep your teeth straight and your smile beautiful. We prescribe these appliances so your teeth can maintain their correct position, remaining strong and healthy in the years to come.
- Your teeth are guaranteed to shift over time if your retainers are not worn as prescribed.
- Retainers should be worn for your lifetime; if they are, you can keep your teeth straight and beautiful!
- Take your retainers out when eating… and always put them in a retainer case!
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and pets (they love to chew on retainers!)
- Clean retainers thoroughly at least once a day with a toothbrush and cold water. Brushing retainers removes plaque, and eliminates odors.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If retainers are lost or broken call us immediately to prevent shifting of your teeth.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
Call our team at Advanced Center for Orthodontics to learn more about the different types of retainers we offer in Freehold, New Jersey.